7 Proper Fleet Maintenance Tips to Keep it in Good Shape - Singapore
Updated: 1 day ago
Avoid vehicle breakdowns with these preventive fleet maintenance tips.
Commercial vehicles are a crucial part of business operations for most companies. It's costly when those commercial vehicles break down in the middle of the road. However, it's much wiser to follow preventive maintenance than waiting for an expensive breakdown to occur.
Here we share seven tips for maintaining a healthy fleet in Singapore:
TIP 1: Conduct regular check-ups to avoid engine problems.
Check your vehicle regularly to reduce the risk of engine and drivetrain issues that affect your bottom line. Look for excessive smoking, loss of oil pressure, and decreased power. These could indicate an unhealthy engine, which means it’s time to take action.
It's best to partner with a reliable supplier to perform routine check-ups and keep track of your commercial vehicles' maintenance and repair history.
Scantruck's check-ups include inspecting the following items:
• Engine coolant
• Exhaust temperature
• Oil and boos pressures
• All rubber parts under the hood
• Wheel alignment
• and many more!
TIP 2: Check for body problems.
Due to the harmful effects of salt and other chemicals, fire trucks and buses often retire earlier. As a result, they're susceptible to body corrosion, which causes a lot of rust.
Despite Singapore's high humidity, rust isn't inevitable. However, you can slow down the spread of existing rust and extend your vehicle's life with these four tips:
• Watch out for paint chips bigger than the tip of a pen. These are the perfect places for rust to begin. Your regular maintenance company in Singapore should scan your vehicles and address these spots thoroughly.
• Washing your vehicle every ten days preserves a clear coat, paint, and primer and protects bare metal from corrosion.
• Regularly keep drains clear of debris and wipe down door jams to prevent foul odours.
• Spray door locks with a lubricant such as WD-40 before parking your vehicles. The oil protects the lock from moisture and ensures that it works properly.
• Wash your truck immediately following rain. In the rainy season, rain collects pollutants and deposits them on the body of your car in "acid rain."
When you trust your trucks and buses to Scantruck, we take a look before any issues happen. We spot body problems and other common repairs BEFORE they get severe and expensive.